Everyone tells me they want to hire “A” Players and at the same time they are ill-equipped to do so.
First let me define “A” Players .They are typically only the top 6% of the sales population.* Below are some defining characteristics of “A” Players:
- Head down focused on driving results
- Not looking for a job or, at best, passively looking
- Has a track record of success and not just during good times
- Committed to success in their sales career
- Have the desire to be successful in their sales career
This list would also include attributes like; they do whatever it takes, keep score themselves, hate to lose, etc.—but that is for another article.